Timbits Softball (U7)
The Learn to Play Program is designed to be a young person’s introduction to the sport of Softball. The emphasis is on FUN, ACTION, and a POSITIVE ATMOSPHERE, with a gradual introduction to non-stressful competition. The Learn to Play Program provides children aged 5-7 with maximum opportunity to practice the skills necessary to successfully take part in the (adult) game of Softball. The program allows children of all skill levels to achieve the same number of skills repetitions. The drills also offer a high success rate for every child, which improves every player’s self confidence.
U7 is for players born in 2017-2018-2019
Nights of Play: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5pm – 6pm
Dates: April 30th – June 20th, 2023
Our program runs 2 sessions per week for 8 weeks.
Location: Muriel Clayton School Diamonds.
Please Note: Players will be grouped on teams by their birth year. The players born in 2017 are the oldest group that will be moving to U9 in the 2025 Season, they will be on teams together. The 2018 & 2019 players will be mixed together on teams.
- All players MUST wear a jyl/cup to play on the diamonds.
- All players require a fastpitch softball glove and CSA approved batting helmet with dual ear flaps, fastened chin strap and attached face mask.
- All players will be provided with an Airdrie Angels t-shirt and ball cap.
- AGSA will provide shared use of bats, balls and other coaching equipment
- Optional Equipment/Apparel includes:
*Required equipment can be purchased locally at East Side Sports here in Airdrie or at any Sporting Goods store.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING FOR THE 2024 SEASON:
- All new players must complete the following:
- one parent must take the one time RIS (Respect In Sport) course found here. If the course has been taken in a different sport, it is transferable. Please log in and share your RIS number with Calgary Minor Softball.
- Must provide proof of age in the form of a copy of a Birth Certificate or Alberta Health Card as soon as you register for the season. Please email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers are needed to help our program run successfully. We will require volunteer assistance from every family. In addition to coaches, assistant coaches and team managers, we will also require volunteers for every team at each session to help run drills, set up the diamonds, score keep, umpire, etc.
Because your organization is using RAMP, you can feel safe and secure when providing your personal information:
- All information within the members area is 128-bit encrypted (the same as online banking)
- Credit card information is never stored
- With multiple back-ups, the latest firewall technology and advanced physical security, your data is secure.
Your personal information, such as names, home addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers is private and confidential. The information provided is stored in a secure location and is accessible only by designated administrators and used only for the purpose for which you provided the information. There are no circumstances under which RAMP or your sports organization will provide or sell personal information to third parties.
Registration closes: on April 15th, 2024, unless teams are full.
*All refunds are subject to a $25 admin fee
**No refunds after: April 15th, 2024