AGSA is in the process of taking registrations for the 2021 season. At this time we are not taking payment until the Season is confirmed by the Alberta Government and Softball Alberta.
To go to our registration page click here.
See AGSA’s 2021 Youth Training Guidelines here.
*REGISTRATION FOR THE 2021 SEASON BEGINS FEBRUARY 12TH, 2021 AND WILL END WHEN TEAMS ARE FULL
Registration for Fall Skills clinics can open as early as September 1st. Winter Skills registration opens Dec. 1st. Regular season registration opens January 1st and is open until March 13th or when teams are full, so register early. If you cannot register due to divisions being full please email email@example.com to get on a wait list, if there is enough interest more teams will be formed.
*AGSA provides earlybird pricing on our regular registration from Jan. 1st until Feb. 15th
1.ALL NEW players are required to provide proof of age in the form of a copy of a Birth Certificate or Alberta Health Card. Please email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. ALL NEW players require one parent to take the one time RIS (Respect In Sport) course found here. If the course has been taken in a different sport, it is transferrable. Please log in and share your RIS number with Calgary Minor Softball.
Nights of play are listed on our Age Divisions page here.
- For the 2021 season games will likely also be played on the weekends.
Games start at 6:45pm, coaches will ask you to arrive 45-60mins prior to game time to allow an adequate warm up for the team.
Games do have a time limit for each division. There are to be no new innings after 1hr 30mins for U10 and no new innings after 1hr 45mins for U12/U14/16/19.
We are part of the Calgary Minor Softball Association and will be playing games in Calgary and surrounding areas. Approximately half of the seasons games are home games – Airdrie Diamonds. U12 and under will be playing in Airdrie, NW Calgary, Chestermere, Cochrane, and Strathmore. U10/U12 Div 1/Premiere & U14/16/19 will be playing games in Airdrie, Calgary, Chestermere, Cochrane, Strathmore & Okotoks. Team schedules can be found here.
***Some years when divisions in the North or South do not have enough teams to have their own division they will have one combined division. In this case, teams could travel to any CMSA community for away games. For a list of all CMSA districts see here.
Individual teams will decide if they would like to participate in any additional tournaments, which are often located outside of Airdrie.
For U10-U19 the 2021 Season will start with practices at the end of April and games will begine once the Government of Alberta announces our return to play and CMSA releases the schedules.
U6 & U8 begins May 4th.
The first round of AGSA hosted skills clinics will begin in October, the 2nd will begin in January (see here for more information). Indoor gym time will begin as early as February, for registered players, with outdoor time beginning in April, dependant on weather. The outdoor season will open the last week of April with weekday games and an opening weekend tournament.
**Please note that indoor gym nights might not be on the same nights as league games – this schedule will come out once teams are formed.
See our Angels Calendar for important AGSA dates.
There are 1-2 practices per week. Each Coach/Team determines when their teams practices will be held, but it will likely be on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
AGSA welcomes all new players at all levels U6-U19 to the game of Fastpitch. Our teams play in the Calgary Minor Softball League. CMSA has divisions for all skill levels and requires players to be tiered for their skill level. This means players will be on a team with other girls of similar skill level and their team will play against other teams, from the Calgary area, with similar skill level.
For U10 – U19:
- All Players MUST have their own CSA approved batting helmets with dual ear flaps, fastened chin strap and attached face mask.
- All players MUST wear a jill/cup to play on the diamond.
- All Players require a fastpitch softball glove.
- Softball cleats are recommended but not mandatory.
- ALL pitchers MUST use an approved face mask for all levels U10 and above.
- Face masks are strongly recommended for all infielders but are not mandatory.
- Purchasing an ASA approved bat is optional (please see bat size guide here and approved bat listing here).
- Purchasing a softball is recommended but not mandatory (U10/12 – 11″ core 47 optic ball, U14/16/19 – 12″ core 47 optic ball).
*One approved pitcher’s mask and ASA approved bats are provided in the team equipment bag by AGSA.
**Required equipment can be purchased locally at Eastside Sports here in Airdrie or at any Sporting Goods store.
For indoor gym times and clinics please bring the following:
- All Players MUST wear a jill/cup.
- All Players MUST have a fastpitch softball glove.
- All Players MUST have clean, non-marking runners.
- Players should bring a CSA approved batting helmet with dual ear flaps, fastened chin strap and attached face mask.
- Players may bring an ASA approved bat.
- Players are asked to wear comfortable clothing and bring a water bottle.
**If practicing for a back catching position, players will be required to cover their knee/shin pads with thick hockey socks.
**For U6 & U8 visit our Learn To Play page here
- AGSA provides all players U10-U19 with a jersey, a pair of socks and a ball cap. The socks and ball cap are yours to keep, but the jersey must be returned.
- You will need to purchase navy ball pants, a red belt and a navy undershirt (undershirt is optional and available to purchase through AGSA).
- When purchasing new pants regular and 3/4 length are acceptable, new belts and pants are available for purchase at Eastside Sports in Airdrie.
The uniform requirement is:
- An Angels Jersey
- An Angels ball cap
- Red Socks
- Navy Pants
- Red Belt
- Navy Angels Undershirt (optional)
For U6 & U8 visit our Learn To Play page here
Yes, for U10 – U19, upon receipt of the jersey there is a $75 post dated cheque required to be dated for July 15th. Upon return of the jersey in a good, washed condition by the date set by the AGSA Board, the cheque will be shredded.
*Jerseys are to be handed in to the Jersey Coordinator as a team and correctly labeled. No individual drops offs please.
Yes! Show your Angels Pride by ordering our hoodies, jackets, shirts and masks!
- Due to Covid restrictions we will not be able to accommodate try on’s and all apparel sales will be FINAL SALE.
- Please contact our apparel coordinator, Jen Ross, via email email@example.com with your ORDER FORM. Sizes, quantities and total will be confirmed and you will be asked to send an e-transfer.
- Once the funds are received, a confirmation email will be sent with the pick up information.
- If quantities are not available we will be able to start a preorder list. Preorders for apparel are subject to change based on quantities.
- Preorders will be final sale once we collect payment and order is placed.
Calgary Minor Softball requires all players in all divisions to be evaluated and placed on tiered teams. AGSA will hold mandatory player evaluations for all our divisions when more than one team is registered. Evaluations will be in March, see our Angels Calendar here. For more information on how players are evaluated visit our policies and procedures document.
An evaluations sign up will be emailed to registered players closer to the evaluation date.
AGSA does accept friend requests at all levels, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. However we cannot guarantee a friend request will be accommodated. There are evaluations for U10 and up when there is more than one team. This is to place players at the correct level for their skills and safety.
AGSA will try our best to accommodate Learn To Play friend requests, however teams are formed by age so that players are at similar skill levels.
Umpires are provided by CMSUA for most U14/16/19 Divisions. The U10, U12 and sometimes U14 divisions require teams to provide a parent volunteer to umpire for each of their home games. AGSA has put together a Parent Umpire Reference Guide, here. This document can be found in the equipment boxes at each Airdrie Diamond.
**Calgary Minor Softball Umpire Association also holds Umpire Clinics for all levels, including parents and coaches. Visit their website for Clinic schedules here.
Yes, our association is run by volunteers, there are many opportunities to help out. Positions include; board members, coaches, team managers, score keepers, parent umpires (U12 and under) and other club events (uniform/apparel hand outs, tournaments, ect.)
Please email email@example.com for more information about becoming a board member for AGSA.
Yes!! We offer the Timbits Learn to Play Program. Kids will meet twice per week for 8 weeks to have FUN and start learning very basic skills and ideas. Please register early as teams fill up quickly.
Yes, AGSA does provide an opportunity for boys to play fastpitch in our Learn to Play division (2013-2016). For U10 and up (2012) there is a boys division through Calgary Minor Softball. Please register with Calgary Boys Fastpitch here.
Any withdrawals on or before March 20th, 2020, will be refunded, less a $25 admin fee. No refunds will be issued after this date as AGSA has paid all fees on behalf of all our athletes.
AGSA ensures that all coaches in our association have a current police check and have completed the Respect in Sport coaches training course. Additionally, two adults, including one female, must be present at all AGSA events (games, practices, team building etc.)