AGSA Coach Clinics/Training
AGSA Coach Clinic
AGSA 2024 Coaches Clinic – TBD
AGSA Provides a yearly training clinic for our new and returning coaches from U9-U19. At the training clinic, we go over the season expectations and commitments, how to teach the skills, how to run practices/games and answer all questions.
CMSA Coaching Requirements
- RAMP: We need all coaches to register in RAMP for insurance before any practices. Here is the link: http://airdriemb.rampregistrations.com – this is free and only takes 2 mins.
- A Police Check: this is free with the Vulnerable Sector Letter, save and fill in your name. Take it to the Airdrie RCMP office with a request for a Criminal Record Check, advising why you require it. Take 2 forms of government issued ID, one must have a photo. They will give you a copy of your police check, usually same day, please email the copy to email@example.com. These checks are good for 3 seasons.
- Training: The Community Softball Coaching Course (NCCP – level 1), Competition Introduction Course (NCCP – level 2) or the Foundations of Coaching Softball, you’ll need the 1st part of the 60 min online course found here. Please send us your NCCP # once the course is completed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Respect in Sport Online Course – coaches version – this is a one time course – https://softballcanada-activityleader.respectgroupinc.com/ If you already have it in another sport you can log in and import the number with Calgary Minor Softball. Once complete please email the certificate number to email@example.com.
- NOTE: All AGSA coaches must have their completed Police Check and RAMP registration before attending indoor practices.
This Clinic is replacing the Level 1 technical clinic. It provides you with your technical, practical and theory in one week-end. The clinic focuses on coaches encouraging participants of all ages to continue in the sport for fun, fitness, skill development, and social interaction.
**All coaches level U11 & Up wanting to coach at a Provincial Championship are required to be at least Level 1 Certified or have the Community Softball training
For more Community Softball clinic information and dates please visit the Softball Alberta Website here
*Please note that AGSA will reimburse AGSA Coaches when they obtain their Community Softball certification and coach for one full season with AGSA.
The Competition – Introduction context is designed for coaches of athletes moving from the FUNdamentals to the Learn to Train and Train to Train stages of long-term athlete development.
*Note: Coaches do not have to complete the Community Softball Clinic first.
For more Competition Indroduction (Comp Intro) clinic information and dates please visit the Softball Alberta Website here
*Please note that AGSA will reimburse AGSA Coaches when they obtain their Competition Introduction certification and coach for one full season with AGSA.